"Avengers: Age of Ultron" introduces moviegoers to Marvel's ultimate robot evil, and to The Vision.
Ultron first appeared in Avengers 54, July 1968. The Vision first appeared in Avengers October of 1968.
As you will see from the following list, DC had many of its evil androids and robots long before Marvel. You will note that Mister Atom was created in 1948.
One would also conclude that there are many similarities between Brainiac and Ultron. This includes when DC made Brainiac more robotic in the 1980s. Both have threatened their Comic company's main teams, and both have been formidable threats to mankind.
Vision and Red Tornado too had similarities, but that is no longer the case. DC has altered Red Tornado over the years to make him very different from Vision. That was not the case when they were both introduced as Androids. Please remember that both were using Golden Age Hero names, both of which were not Androids.
A small list of DC Evil Androids and Robots.
- Amazo, First Appearance: Brave and the Bold 30, June 1960
- Brainiac, First Appearance Action Comics 242. July 1958
- Brimstone, Legends, November 1986
- Brother Eye, First Appearance, OMAC, July-August 1975
- Chemo, Showcase 39. 1962
- The Construct, JLA 1977
- Cumputo, First Appearance, Action Comics 340, 1966
- Eradicator, Action Comics 1989
- Manhunters, Justice League of America 1977
- Mister Atom, First Appearance, Captain Marvel Adventures, 1948
- Pulsar Stargrave, LSH 1977
- Red Tornado, Justice League of America 64, 1968
- Shaggy Man, Justice League, Jla 1966
- Ultivac, Challengers of the Unknown
There are more than on this list but each of these have been in multiple stories in the DC Universe.
Brainiac and Brother Eye (who was not originally evil), both were main villains in "New 52: Future's End". Both creating havoc for most of the last year. Ironically both would be great villains for either of the Justice League movies.
That is all for now.
To Be continued.....
Go Forth and Do Well... Shane