Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Steve Englehart interview Famous DC and Marvel Writer

Steve Englehart at his booth at Albuquerque Comic Con







Comic Book Legend Attends New Mexico Comic Con


Albuquerque, NM.... January 11, 2014

Some of the best Avengers and Justice League stories ever were written by one man:  Steve Englehart.

And he is one of my top 20 favorite comic writers ever.

I was excited to see him at the convention.

So I took the opportunity to ask him some questions about his time and DC and why he wasn't writing at DC.

So here we go:

Why did you go over to DC?

They wanted me to come over and revamp the Justice League.  I specfically wanted to work on Batman.  I got over there and started writing the stories I wanted to write.  

You were responsible for re-introducing Deadshot, weren't you?

Yes.  Joe Staton and I also created Killowog and Guy Gardner while I was there. DC said that John Broome created Guy Guardner.

Yeah, your Guy Gardner is nothing like the John Broome one.

We really just created a character who happend to be named Guy Gardner.

Why did you stop writing comics?

Comics has changed,  The publishiers are more controling now.  It is just easier to write books and have more creative control.

That concluded the interview.

If you want to learn more about Steve Englehart please check out the attached links:



Go Forth and Do Well


Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment